Shade of Florals
Date: 2023
Dimensions: 18x24
Medium: Micron on Canvas
Flowers were the first thing I started drawing after the death of my mother. I picked up a pen and started drawing them without a conscious thought in my mind. I began to realize that I draw them so much that they started to fill up the walls of my room around me. The center disc of the flowers stood out like stars and illuminated the night each time I slept. I realized that the more canvas hung up on my wall, I became physically stronger and wiser, like I grew with a new profound level of maturity. Flowers were the strength within myself that I could visually see when I placed them down, they brought me through the process of grief and into the world of serenity. Like flowers, there was beauty through what I’ve been through and conquered, like trees in nature, I stood while I watched myself blow.

No comments:
Post a Comment